Saturday, 27 December 2014

new year, new me



Yes of course the title of this post is totally a cliche but I mean it completely. With New Year approaching I thought I'd reflect on how 2014 went down and how I plan to improve next year. This past year I surprised myself with how much weight I could lose if I really put my mind to it, however moving to halls and starting university threw my weight-loss out the window. Since starting university I've put on all the weight I'd lost and more, of course it's the result of bad eating habits and no exercise - something I'd promised myself I wouldn't do. However, because 2015 arrives in 5 days I've decided that it's about time I concentrated on eating healthy and finding the time to exercise to redeem a healthy lifestyle and get back on track, not just to lose weight but also to improve my wellbeing and make myself happier. I found the above list on Pinterest and thought that it'd be a great way of encouraging a healthier and better lifestyle for myself, so here's my own list of things that I'm going to try do this year. 

1. eat healthier - just because junk food is cheaper, doesn't mean that it's the right thing to buy in Tesco's when you've ran of decent food. Buy some salad for a change. 

2. drink more water - fizzy juice and alcohol isn't so good for you either, maybe try drinking water most days to help flush out any toxins from the bad stuff.

3. exercise more often - in fact exercise, period. I know it's difficult to find the time to exercise with a busy schedule but it's important to be healthy, even if you just walk to or back from uni a couple of times a week!

4. stay organised - organisation is the key to being successful. 

5. take time to relax - overworking yourself isn't going to help, it's important to have some down time, even if you have work due the next day or you're exams are coming up. Being a stress-head is only going to make things worse. 

6. try your best - it's okay to give in sometimes, just do your best and you'll be the happiest you can be. 

What are your goals for 2015? Let me know in the comments box

Chloe 

No comments:

Post a Comment