Wednesday, 9 December 2015

festive films favourites


As I mentioned in my previous post, I absolutely adore Christmas. It's definitely my favourite time of year, so how better to celebrate the holidays than with festive films! If you're like me and love Christmas I'm sure you have a list of your favourite festive movies and you watch them every single year right? Of course you do! So here's my list of movies that I watch every single Christmas! 

The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) - This has got to be all time favourite Christmas movie. I love the Muppets at the best of times but even more so during the festive period. There's just something about these fellas that make me ever so happy. It's also my favourite adaptation of A Christmas Carol. Maybe because the Muppets make it more fun and musical? I'm not sure I just love it. 

Miracle on 34th Street (1994) - I've watched this every Christmas for as long as I can remember. It's such a heart warming film and I cry every single time I watch it. I loved Mara Wilson when I was younger and I think she captures the role of Susan so well. 100% wish that Santa was real. Richard Attenborough will always be my favourite portrayal of Santa.  

Home Alone (1990) - It seems to be a tradition for everyone to watch this every year. Let's be honest though, it's a terrible movie. But I guess that's what makes it so good? I recently watched a video on YouTube which diagnoses all the injuries that Harry and Marv suffered from which made watching the film even funnier because there's no way the pair would have survived all of these pains! You can watch the video here


The Santa Claus (1994) - Tim Allen is my second favourite Santa. Imagine your dad became Santa Claus??? Amazing right!? This film actually makes me slightly angry and upset, and Neil is my least favourite character ever until he realises that Charlie was telling the truth about his dad being Santa. Also wish that Bernard was my best friend because that is one seriously cool dude! 

Jack Frost (1998) - Another one that makes me cry like a baby. I used to watch this film all the time as a child and it never effected me in the way it does today. Why would they make a Christmas film so sad and soul destroying?!?!?! Of course I love it because it's a really beautiful way of telling the story but oh how my heart hurts after watching it.

Elf (2003) - Son of a Nutcracker! Did you think I wouldn't mention this? Saved the best for last didn't I? Will Ferrell's portrayal of Buddy the Elf is one of the greatest things I've ever seen. This film just makes me so jolly and it doesn't matter how many times I watch it, I still laugh my head off at it. In fact I'm off to go watch it right now!

All in all, it seems that I'm a bit of a crybaby when it comes to watching festive films. I just get so overwhelmed #lame. I hope you all are having a lovely week! 

Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment